- Take an active interest in what your company does to generate revenue and keep its customers buying products and services.
- Find a mentor in your company, in your industry or in a different industry altogether who can guide you in goal setting and acquiring the essential skills and “polish” you need to move up.
- Find out what your supervisor dislikes doing or lacks time to do and offer to do it.
- Show a willing attitude: embrace additional responsibility that gives you a chance to shine, whether or not there is official recognition.
- Work for the success of your colleagues; you’re not in it alone. Focus on common goals and be the glue that holds the team together.
What has worked for you? Let me know!
Ellie Vargo, MRW, CCMC